Senior Manufacturing / Operations Manager
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a talented manager to join their growing and changing team in a strategic leadership position. This role will provide leadership toward the delivery of plant-wide operational excellence in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale and Environment. In this role you will be accountable for the design and the development of the blueprint for World Class manufacturing centers through developing our client’s teams, processes and systems at this center of excellence.
Responsibilities will include:
• Direct and lead all production and production support departments to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
• Direct and lead all production departments to ensure operational efficiencies are achieved. Cost control and continuous improvement targets are met or exceeded.
• Lead, manage and motivate all resources under responsibility the reduction of WIP inventories while meeting customer delivery requirements.
• Develop, implement and review Demand Flow Technology strategic plan for manufacturing and production support departments (materials & maintenance). Benchmark other companies and develop appropriate new strategies.
• Implement Product and Process changes
• Improve Health & Safety performance in reporting departments
• Ensure Safe systems of work are in place and adhered to. Ensure process improvements are implemented as a result of accident/incident investigations, risk assessments and safety inspections.
• Ensure environmental policies as followed within production, materials and maintenance areas.
• Ensure continued ISO 14001& ISO 450001 registration
• Participate as a full member of the Operational Leadership Team
• Participate on world-wide plant initiatives.
• BS Degree in Business or Engineering, Masters preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in a staff manufacturing leadership position: Direct experience coaching and leading LEAN and quality activities with demonstrated results; Ability to provide leadership in the development of teams that will engage employees and empower them to drive continuous improvement
• Experience with both low and high volume production environments is highly desired along with scaling manufacturing capacity and expanding floor capability.
• Technical manufacturing systems knowledge, (process, materials, DFT, SPC/quality, new product introductions, etc.): DFT/Toyota Production System experience; Six Sigma Green or Black Belt desired
• Exposure and knowledge of financial principles and controls.
• Travel required: Up to 20%, domestic & international