Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is a recognized world leader in their field making devices used at home and by healthcare professionals all over the globe. They are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team. In this role you will be responsible for working on all stages of our client’s production cycles, from research and design to manufacturing.
To be successful as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you should be a highly creative individual with the ability to develop innovative solutions to problems. You should also have the ability to communicate technical ideas in a clear manner, both visually and verbally.
Responsibilities will include:
• Full lifecycle design and development of electromechanical devices.
• Analysis and simulations to resolve issues.
• Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs.
• Solid modeling and documentation generation
• Project ownership including estimating time and fiscal budgets for each project.
• Ensuring that products meet compliance regulations.
• Collaborating with project managers and other engineers in the team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s preferred).
• 8+ years in a design engineering role, with some medical device development experience required.
• SolidWorks experience desired, including advanced tools knowledge, other similar CAD programs may be considered.
• Experience with simulations and data analysis.
• Design of plastic injection molded parts and metal parts for high volume fabrication.
• Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation.
• Highly analytical mind, with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Experience with industrial design aspects of product development including finishes, material selection and aesthetics desired.
• Rapid prototyping experience (3D printing, working with ProtoLabs, working with local machine shops) desired