Senior Mechanical Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our successful client working with cutting-edge technology in the consumer product market is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be part of defining, developing, implementing, and transitioning new technology solutions to design teams and manufacturing that increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve quality and deliver customer value. This role will focus on the mechanical design and integration of components and assemblies that address the challenges associated with expanding functionality and rising performance expectations while satisfying complex form factors and a stylized finish. You will facilitate the timely and targeted advancement of the mechanical engineering and integration aspects of prioritized projects that mature manufacturing and supply chain capabilities, product feature enablers, and technology process capability that meet or exceed the needs of their customers and that enable competitive advantage through differentiation in our client’s products. It will involve interfacing with internal and external customers, program management offices, multiple engineering disciplines, and executive management. In addition, the role will require the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic/fast-paced work environment. Requires cross-disciplinary systems thinking approach to problem solving and solution implementation.
Responsibilities will include:
• Works with SMEs and stakeholder organizations to establish and maintain roadmaps for required mechanical solutions aligned with the prioritized portfolio
• Drives the identification of mechanical engineering related design and process challenges, potential opportunities, solution vetting, and capability maturing for activated projects and is responsible for the on-time, high-quality, successful hand-off of solutions and know-how to development and/or manufacturing organizations
• Proactively identifies project roadblocks and works with team and leadership to address them
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
• Comfortable working in the less certain culture and climate typical of advanced development work
• Develops critical relationships and establishes ways of working with cross-divisional and cross-functional team members both within our client and with outside vendors
• An advocate for the development of third-party technologies in addition to internal capabilities
• 10 years + technical product development experience, preferably in consumer electronics or related industries.
• Demonstrated track record of driving project progress and results in complex technical programs.
• Experience tackling abstract problem solving and ability to drive concrete action in the uncertain territory of advanced development.
• Bachelors Degree in a mechanical engineering field required; Masters preferred
• Influencing key stakeholders and influencing without direct authority
• Business Acumen
• Global Effectiveness
• Team and people management
Technical / professional competencies:
• Demonstrated technical expertise in a related field
• Manufacturing process experience, preferably in a consumer electronics or component manufacturing environment
• Product development experience on complex assemblies incorporating plastics, metals, glass, textiles, and integrated electronics
• Experience working with suppliers in development and manufacturing strongly preferred