Senior Product Quality Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client located south of Boston is seeking a Senior Product Quality Engineer to assume responsibility for all activities associated with the development, implementation, and maintenance of a quality system that meets certification and customer requirements in an efficient manner. Review all relevant customer and quality system requirements for product quality to ensure they are achievable. Configure internal and external quality flow down through quality plans, work instructions, and supplier notes to ensure conformity requirements are adequately communicated. Plan, develop and document quality control instructions (including Process Flow Diagrams, Failure Mode and Effects Analyses, and Process Control Plans) for inspectors, production personnel and suppliers that achieve the required output.
Senior Product Quality Engineer responsibilities will include:
• Support the development, documentation and refinement of quality processes and certification programs for suppliers, internal operators and products.
• Define and implement well written quality system standards, instructions for the inspection, testing, and evaluation of product and forms for records.
• Determine, with support from subject matter experts, the appropriate inspection techniques and sampling plans to ensure product conformance is efficiently and effectively achieved.
• Verify the validity and effectiveness of procedures and documentation through direct observation.
• Support the continuous improvement of quality system processes through the development of Statistical Process Control. Plans and subsequent collection, evaluation and reporting of performance to established control limits.
• Support the implementation of methods and procedures for the analysis of suspect material and product non-compliance in a timely, thorough and cost effective manner. Participate in failure analysis/forensic evaluation of failed products. Support continuous business improvement initiatives to assess and develop suppliers along with operator authorization programs.
• Review manufacturing processes, work instructions, repair procedures, routings, and material handling techniques to ensure compliance with all quality requirements.
• Perform root cause analysis on quality related issues to determine appropriate corrective actions and plans for implementation.
• Communicate with customers on quality related issues in a prompt and professional manner. Host customer visits and audits relating to quality.
• Communicate and demonstrate through consistent behavior within the organization that we are One Team striving to meet or exceed the quality expectations of our customers.
Senior Product Quality Engineer background profile:
Bachelor’s degree (preferably BMSE) along with a minimum of 5 year’s Quality related experience. AS-9100 or other regulated environments desired. Previous experience in hosting customers audits, leading internal audits and Kaizens, and supporting customer and vendor queries required.