Senior Production Technician
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Production Technician for their facility north of Boston, MA. In this role, the Production Technician will be responsible for the assembly, alignment, and calibration of a variety of optics, magnetics, adhesives, and electromechanical products while adhering to all work instructions and processes. This position will interface with all departments and there may also be a need for assisting in the development and maintenance of work instructions and documentation. To be considered for this role candidates must have experience assembling small components under a microscope and be able to crimp or solder wire as well as electrical components. Candidates must also have experience using standard production tools and adhesives and be able to install electrical assemblies and hardware into chassis, objectives and controller housings.
Additional Responsibilities and Experience
• Work at various workstations including Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) sensitive stations as production needs require.
• Test assembled instruments for circuit continuity and operational reliability.
• Analyze test results and rework or adjust systems according to findings
• Calibrate instruments according to specification.
• Read production schedules, work orders, manufacturing processes, and schematics to determine assembly and quality procedures and equipment to be used.
• Test units with equipment such as DVM, Thermometer, Oscilloscope Hi-Pot and Ground Bond testers.
• Assist with final packaging and preparing for shipment.
• Two-year certificate from a college or technical school or 3+ years of relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and ISO procedure manuals.
• Develops, fabricates, assembles and calibrates, tests electro-optics systems and components used in production and testing operations.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted.