Senior Project Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our successful client refines and develops technology for integration into critical aerospace, semiconductor, medical, defense, and industrial applications. They are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to perform complicated and advanced mechanical engineering work of high complexity. In this role you will be responsible for the overall technical integrity and success of assigned projects for the design of custom products. You will plan, organize, and conduct a variety of technical projects involving the design, fabrication, test, and modification of mechanical and electromechanical components and assemblies for a wide range of applications in compliance with customers’ requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Review requests for quotations and relevant documentation. Examine requirements and perform design and analysis calculations to ensure compliance with dimensional and functional requirements.
• Develop engineering estimates after determining manufacturing processes, tooling requirements, test procedures and personnel requirements. Employ appropriate cost effective measures. Monitor released jobs to provide technical support and to ensure compliance with production schedule.
• Lead all technical aspects of projects for new product orders, including the review of all accompanying design, fabrication, documentation, and other relevant documentation for correctness and flow down. Examine requirements and review prior design calculations and processes to ensure compliance. Ensure the completion of all required drawings and documents required for manufacture. Prepare documentation for design review.
• Review repeat orders and documentation for correctness. Review design and process documents for possible implementation of cost effective improvements. Initiate Engineering Change Orders (ECO) s as required.
• Respond to manufacturing issues, analyze problems, and take appropriate corrective actions.
• Review non-conforming parts and material and determine dispositions.
• Provide technical expertise in the proposal and design of new products and applications in response to sales/marketing requirements. Prepare technical reports, specifications, procedures, proposals and other documentation as required for both written and oral presentation.
• Represent the Company in customer and supplier negotiations regarding product design for manufacturing and assembly cost analysis and related estimates.
• Review and evaluate potential savings by preparing cost reduction proposals. Participate in project planning, procurement of equipment and the ordering of material.
• Initiate, lead, and participate on lean teams to improve Engineering, Manufacturing, and other business functions.
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5-7 years’ experience as a Senior Mechanical Engineer