Senior Project Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our very well established client who designs niche custom systems for manufacturing, testing, research and specialized applications, is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Project Engineer to join their team. This is a great opportunity to be involved in many aspects of R&D projects for customers from start to finish.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have the confidence to be an out-of-the-box thinker as well as possess a strong engineering foundation in mechanical structures and thermodynamics. Our client offers a great work environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefit options so please consider applying for this role if you meet these qualifications, are a degreed engineer with 5-7 years of experience and live in the northern Massachusetts / southern New Hampshire area.
Responsibilities will include:
• Accept project responsibility and organize projects to meet customer specifications and delivery constraints.
• Maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project.
• Assist Purchasing in defining scope and details for contracts to vendors and write purchase specifications for ASME components.
• Work with suppliers to organize and coordinate deliveries.
• Assist Designers with creating drawings and drawing layouts in Autodesk Inventor and direct designers to develop drawings of geometric models to be used for FEA analysis as well as assisting them in sizing calculations of components to meet design parameters.
• Work with FEA suppliers to generate stress results and perform additional stress analysis using hand calculations or other appropriate means to create preliminary designs or to analyze any other mechanical systems as necessary.
• Consolidate results into Code stress requirements in a formal report using MathCAD Prime or similar software and perform thermodynamic analysis of various processes associated with custom products.
• Perform fluid flow and pressure drop calculations for various fluid flow systems.
• Check drawings and Bill of Material specification.
• Support of Sales and Marketing regarding any technical issues and assist them by preparing cost analysis of a proposed equipment design.
• Strong computer skills, MS Office, MathCad, Sage.