Senior Quality Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, a global consumer products firm, is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer. In this role you will serve as the product design quality lead who will collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to define Critical to Quality (CTQ) needs into new designs as requirements through product specifications and into manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop qualification test plans and review verification and validation reports to assure product robustness and ensure best in class processes, design guidelines and practices are used in products
• Analyzing all available sources of actionable data to develop an ‘expert’ understanding of both functionality and usability of products to identify improvement opportunities
• Leading Risk Assessments (Design and Manufacturing) and risk mitigation plans during the product development cycle
• Acting as a ‘bridge’ to transfer product design to production. Actively engage in implementing lessons learned, best practices during development phases, perform manufacturing readiness reviews and follow through on any open risk items to closure.
• Leading periodic quality review meetings and following up on identified improvement initiatives to drive Root Cause Analysis (RCA), implementing robust corrective actions and reducing Cost of Quality (CoQ) impact
• Responding to customer field issues with CAPA that is effective in preventing recurrence
• Identifying, analyzing and interpreting quality trends, risks, and opportunities and making appropriate recommendations to drive improvements
• Collaborating with global counterparts, cross functional teams and manufacturing representatives to drive quality improvement initiatives needed to assure smooth launches of new products and low returns from the field
• Bachelor’s Degree or other 4-year Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field. Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• 5 + years of related Quality Engineering experience and statistical / data analysis skills
• Well versed in ISO9001, SPC, CPK, GRR, FMEA, ISO13485
• Knowledge of the design and fabrication processes for electro / mechanical parts, components and assemblies such as metal, plastics, etc.
• Results orientated with appropriate focus on short and long-term goals. Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency.
• Strong problem solving & decision-making skills. Takes ownership to mitigate risks, connects the dots quickly, drives implementation of robust solutions after confirming the root cause, acts decisively and shows good judgment.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills; strong written, verbal and presentation skills
• Flexible to travel up to 10% both domestic and internationally
• ASQ certifications – CQE, CRE, Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt certification a plus
• Applicants must be authorized to work full-time in the United States