Senior Quality Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join their successful team north of Boston, MA. The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting Suppliers, Customers (Internal & External), FAI, QWI, and all other duties as assigned. This position is highly customer focused requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills to manage quality assurance responsibilities and ensure compliance across all levels of the organization on major programs from design through production stages. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and reporting on all quality-related activities to assure fulfillment of contract/purchase order requirements. This position requires a strong team player with a background working in integrated product teams and a desire for maintaining a high commitment to both new and sustaining production.
Responsibilities will include:
• Drive Continuous Improvement activities throughout the business
• Interface with programs, top management, functional organizations, customers, and suppliers
• Prepare reports, corrective action statements, metrics, and other documents in support of the product line
• Perform routine self-assessment surveys of the product line
• Perform/oversee first article inspection efforts on the product line
• Review proposals, contracts, specifications, and other technical data to determine quality requirements and implement these requirements into processes
• Investigate deficiencies internally generated or vendor caused to determine the cause, corrective actions, and disposition of the deficiencies
• Provide occasional technical direction to personnel inspecting and testing product
• RMA/MRB (interface with internal & external resources as needed)
• Ensure actions and direction are consistent with QMS principles and procedures including document control, calibration, counterfeit controls, and product disposition.
• Develop and maintain QWI documents and Inspection Plans as required to ensure the appropriate level of inspection necessary to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Summarize and analyze incoming, in-process, and final inspection data and use data to prioritize QE actions and efforts.
• Perform assessments and audits on processes and procedures to ensure compliance with specifications, procedures, and industry standards (i.e. ISO9001/AS9100)
• 5+ years of experience in Quality, Manufacturing and/or Engineering
• Knowledge of technical Quality Engineering responsibilities, preferably experience at the “floor” level in the Quality or Production Operations disciplines
• Knowledge of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with specifications, procedures, and industry standards (i.e. ISO9001/AS9100)
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams to meet organizational objectives
• Ability to multi-task across varying jobs, from detail-oriented to high-level facilitation
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) as well as the ability to establish good working relationships with customers
• Ability to effectively communicate with programs, lines of business, top management, functional organizations, peers, and production employees
• Ability to work in compliance with a Quality Management System.
• Understanding of identifying and documenting quality system deficiencies and ensuring effective corrective action.
• Ability to analyze and resolve process issues varying from elementary to very complex
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• ASME Y14.5 Tolerance & Dimensioning
• Vision system or CMM
• Inspection hand tools & methods