Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer join the new Test Center team. The work is always new and changing and this person will be able to apply their skills and grow in a number of ways as the company continues to develop their technology. Initially this person will be responsible for application development to support test stands and the laboratory safety systems for a dynamic motion product line, as well as for system/engine service interfaces for their products. In this role you will develop customer-facing production releases as well as special purpose test software, primarily based on LabVIEW. This position fulfils a critical role required for our client to deliver on many key technical objectives. Occasionally, you may be deployed in Product Development areas as a team member in Development Projects as well as supporting Manufacturing equipment where needed.
Responsibilities will include:
• Technology, Systems Development and Product Engineering test stands: Up-to-date documentation required for version control history and bug tracking.
• Alignment and awareness of (software) test processes across all sites
• Field and Service support
• Lab safety system objectives: Fully functional, tested and released (LabVIEW) software, that are state-of-the-art driving the Lab Safety System
• Data acquisition: Integrate National Instruments data acquisition hardware, off-the-shelf test equipment and proprietary hardware.
• Companywide support: Well supported electrical controls. Software/hardware issues debugged with implemented permanent solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related Engineering field.
• National Instruments Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) certification highly preferred.
• 2 to 4 years LabVIEW application development experience. Prior experience with process control systems.
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities:
• Demonstrated excellence with LabVIEW is mandatory.
• Experience with NI DAQmx, and NI VISA drivers and supported protocols (GPIB, RS232/RS485, TCP/IP).
• Experience with version control system(s) and issue tracking system(s).
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Motivated and works well in a team environment
• Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
• Understanding of control specifications, wiring diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams and schematics
• Experience with CAN and Modbus network protocols.
• Familiarity with basic relational database concepts.
• LabVIEW Object-Oriented Programming experience
• Experience with design and simulation of systems in Simulink
• Linux OS administration and shell scripting experience.
• Additional software skills (C/C++, PHP, Python, etc.) helpful.