Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a talented and motivated Software Engineer with good analytical skills and strong C++ and Python coding skills to develop advanced algorithms for precision, automated manufacturing of optical devices. The ideal candidate thrives working in a small team environment with tight deadlines and takes pride and ownership of their work and delivers high quality solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop software and algorithms to meet required functionality of our client’s active alignment and test systems.
• Develop new alignment and test algorithms that result in a reliable and fast alignment and/or test processes.
• Hands-on integration and development on our active alignment platforms.
• Ensure high-quality product by developing and executing test plans.
• Integrate, debug, and troubleshoot in a hardware and software environment.
• Participate in project planning, technical reviews and status meetings.
• Occasional on-site factory visits in the US, Europe, and Asia for system installation and support working with customers.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• Experience programming in multiple languages with the flexibility to pick up new ones. Our client is currently developing in C++ and Python.
• Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop, test, and implement novel and complex algorithms.
• Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
• Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Ability to work on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
• Experience with factory automation software and machine control.
• Experience with machine vision and image processing.
• Experience with Open CV.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Machine learning experience and knowledge.
• Knowledge and/or background in optical theory.
• Optics, image sensor, or electronics manufacturing knowledge.
• Experience with motion control or industrial robotics.
• Experience with hardware communication.
• Experience with machine process optimization (accuracy, cycle time).