Supplier Quality Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, a rapidly-growing firm northwest of Boston, is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) to assume overall responsibility for making sure proper processes, quality criteria, test methods, etc. are established at a supplier. A mix of manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics specialists who play a central role in assessing supplier quality and ensuring that products received are free of defects.
Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer will include:
• Utilize, update and manage Inspection Check Lists and Supplier Quality Requirements.
• Track and qualify or disqualify suppliers according to predefined criteria that they help establish.
• Visit supplier facilities to assess their practices and procedures for effectiveness.
• Review and assess manufacturing procedures, typically by visiting vendor facilities and observing their manufacturing processes.
• Address and resolve quality issues, providing technical input and guidance on process enhancements and improvements
• While conducting site visits and reviewing incoming products from vendors, look for non-conformances and issues with quality.
• Maintain detailed reports related to supplier quality by measuring KPIs and participating in supplier performance reviews. Enable reporting of metrics for monthly reviews as required.
• Participate in the Production Part Approval Process (PAPP).
• Drive supplier requirements and supplier performance objectives
• Help develop commodity strategies.
• Manage first article and vendor source inspections, incoming, in process and final product inspection.
• Investigate, disposition and conduct root cause and corrective actions
Background profile for the Supplier Quality Engineer:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3-7 years of related supplier quality experience.
• Lean, lean six sigma and/or related certification a plus.
• Principles and practices of process validation.
• Quality improvement tools and techniques.
• Auditing procedures.
• Ability to read blueprints
• Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time. Some overseas travel may be required.