Supply Chain Sourcing Specialist
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our market-leading and growing client is seeking a Supply Chain Sourcing Specialist to join their team. In this role, and under minimal direction from the Supply Chain Manager, you will serve as our client’s primary technical contact with all suppliers, oversee all new product development (NPI) activities with suppliers, facilitate risk reduction sourcing efforts via qualification of critical purchased parts, and lead onboarding & development of new suppliers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Onboard, qualify, and develop new suppliers.
• Serve as primary liaison for all actions associated with new supplier requirements
• Work with Engineering and Operations to develop and refine specifications for materials, supplies or equipment.
• For NPI programs, review and analyze purchase requisitions, investigate and develop sources of supplies, prepare RFQ specifications, issue RFQ requests and review quotations.
• For NPI programs, identify and select suppliers to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and places orders.
• Develop industry, product, and supply base knowledge, including key cost drivers. Form strategic alliances with key suppliers to better understand their supply chain qualifications.
• Manage technical relationships with key suppliers to ensure quality of purchased components.
• Conduct supplier evaluation and recommend approved suppliers.
• Manage continuous improvement programs with suppliers. Work effectively to achieve established Department Quality Goals and Objectives.
• Continuously monitor risk of the existing suppliers /components as well defining plans to mitigate said risks.
• Analyze data trends; Obtain statistical data, analyze data, and recommend courses of action based upon quantitative results.
• Interact constructively with suppliers using data to isolate and resolve vendor variation
• Lead analysis of defective components found in Incoming Inspection and work with suppliers to implement permanent solutions.
• Manage the flow of goods by providing the necessary guidance & assistance to Procurement Specialists.
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree along with 5-7 years’ related supply chain experience