Systems Design Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our growing client is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of System Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall technical direction, design and delivery based on approved Marketing Requirements for New Product Development programs. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, he/she will successfully execute their job function within a matrix-based organization providing technical leadership to the core-team. Key expectations include developing new products leveraging established Product Development Processes and procedures and/or redesigning existing products. The System Design Engineer will also research emerging technologies and develop new capabilities to revolutionize the liquid safety control industry.
Responsibilities will include:
• Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) development in all disciplines of engineering including system integration of electrical, mechanical, software, and product safety approvals.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to create Product Requirements Document (PRD) based on approved Marketing Requirements Document (MRD) that satisfy overall objectives of product quality, safety, reliability and return on investment.
• Make data-driven technical decisions based on thorough analysis, testing, simulation, and calculations.
• Provide guidance for the testing of electro-mechanical designs including debug of physical hardware and Design Verification Testing (DVT).
• Develop accelerated life, environmental stress, and reliability testing strategies to ensure long term “real-world” product life, as defined in Product Requirements Document.
• Ensure regulatory and technical requirements are evaluated, understood, planned, and successfully addressed during all phases of the development.
• Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Program Management on product feasibility.
• Conduct technical market research and evaluate similar products for competitive features and functionality.
• Ensure new product development efforts meet or exceed ISO 9001 requirements and industry accepted practices.
• Lead, manage and participate in the design review process for products effectively incorporating current and appropriate software development methodologies.
• Ensure the quality, completeness and timeliness of deliverables, especially software.
• Ensure company remains a leader by performing accelerated life testing, long term product life testing under field conditions, field return root cause analysis and competitor analysis.
• Review and incorporate regulatory and/or technical requirements of the customers worldwide.
• Track and regularly report to management regarding the progress of projects.
• BSEE/MSEE or equivalent
• 10+ years of direct “hands-on” engineering design experience.
• Broad experience in electrical, mechanical, firmware and software disciplines, and specific hands-on expertise in one or more.
• In depth experience in designing analog, microcontroller and microprocessor systems.
• In depth understanding of incorporating custom and packaged software within a PC development environment.
• In depth knowledge of software development methodologies.
• Extensive project management experience.
• Strong problem-solving expertise leveraging appropriate Structured Problem-Solving tools.
• Applies analytical/data driven decision-making processes.
• Expertise at sorting through issues and conducting comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
• The ability to analyze technical requirements, design, test methods and provide guidance to engineers.
• Ability to anticipate product development issues on multiple projects and have alternative solutions readied.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to execute effectively within cross functional/core development teams.
Additional desirable background:
• Experience in product design with particular emphasis in electronic industrial sensing and controls under harsh environmental conditions
• Experience with Wi-fi / BLE technologies
• Experience with HW/SW controls for the hazardous fluid delivery industry
• Experience with electro-mechanical product design for the fluid delivery industry.
• Experience with liquid level sensing products
• Experience with low power RF technology
• Experience in industrial projects incorporating software, firmware and hardware