Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer who will participate in the product systems lifecycle, specifically the transition of new prototype designs to volume production. This position will consist of test definition, execution, and results analysis to drive continuous improvement of engine systems; it will also involve designing, building, and troubleshooting test equipment to support manufacturing efforts. This role will independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques to solve complex system-engineering problems.
This role will serve as leader by example of a systems-driven engineering design process; Shows the value in documentation of test cases and their traceability to their corresponding requirements.
The Systems Engineer serves as resource in guiding other functions (controls, manufacturing, quality) to draft their own requirements while considering the needs of the overall product.
Responsibilities will include:
• Consult in development of product requirements based on customer specifications and/or internal technology vision
• Develop and execute test plans for the evaluation of new product designs
• Design process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and wiring schematics for engine systems and test equipment
• Develop understanding of system control strategies to inform iterative software development; implement control improvements based on product requirements and test results
• Evaluate performance of critical process control components, develop troubleshooting guidelines, and recommend alternatives where necessary
• Participate in and support system prototyping efforts and transition to volume production
• Interact with key stakeholders to facilitate reliability studies and drive continuous improvement
• Mentor teams of junior engineers and technicians
• BS, relevant Engineering discipline
• 5+ years relevant experience system/process engineering
• Advanced knowledge of fuel cell technology ideal
• Strong mechanical background with interdisciplinary experience in controls, electrical, software, and project management.
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency with computer applications in a Windows-based environment required. Experience with data handling software packages such as MS Excel, requirements management software such as Polarion.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python for improved efficiency, and structured data queries such as SQL for advanced analytics beneficial.
• Understanding of functional safety in automotive and industrial environments
• Strong written and oral communication skills; Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment with multiple and changing priorities.
• Physical requirements/Work environment
• Office as well as R&D lab work environments. Use of basic hand tools.
• Approximately 75% in office environment, 25% of time spent in lab or on site.
• Travel Required—Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel may be required.