Systems Layout Designer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our rapidly-growing client is seeking a Systems Layout Designer to provide timely and accurate drawings of both machines and production lines for customers and sales engineers. These drawings are critical to ensure that our client is offering the correct solutions to its customers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Works with both external and internal customers to fully understand the requirements for a machine or production line.
• Develops an appropriate CAD layout drawing to fill those requirements.
• Maintains an up to date CAD library of machine and line layout drawings
• Develop relationships with sales engineers, customers, and supplier partners.
• Prepares detailed drawings and pattern designs using CAD tools.
• Operates computer aided design (CAD) equipment to create plans, develop drawings and proposed layout of products.
• Applies the use of rough sketches, notes and verbal instructions to create final product
• 5+ years of experience creating 2D equipment layout drawings.
• Experience with AutoCAD or DraftSight 2D CAD software.
• Knowledge of manufacturing plants and how production lines work.
• Understands transfer and connection points between machines.
• Experience with SolidWorks preferred.
• Willingness and ability to travel to customers