Website TRIAD Engineering Corp
Our client, a rapidly-growing firm northwest of Boston, is seeking a Technical Buyer to assume responsibilities for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. This position supports a growing business and has responsibility for driving competitive supply cost, quality and delivery. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to work independently with excellent business & financial acumen, proficient working with cross-functional teams.
Responsibilities for the Technical Buyer will include:
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) with domestic and international suppliers and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements.
• Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
• Create, place and maintain purchase orders via the ERP system utilizing best practices in the interest of the company
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and as set by management
• Maintain accuracy of ERP part master database within ERP system, including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information, current purchase order data, etc.
• Communicate with Production, Engineering, Finance, Quality and Marketing on various projects and orders statuses
• Work with vendors concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, delivery dates and quality
• Process non-conforming material and RMA requests with vendors
• Ability to kit, package and ship materials as needed via FedEx, DHL and Trucking services
• Manages in-house inventories, as well as offsite inventory held by suppliers
Background profile of the Technical Buyer:
• The ideal candidate will have three or more years of experience in purchasing, material control and logistics with mechanical buying experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or a technical field
• 5-years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Prior experience utilizing an ERP system is a must, NetSuite is preferred
• Proven negotiation skills and cost reduction successes
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to read and interpret technical/engineering drawings and schematics to clearly understand required specifications
• Ability and flexibility to travel domestically as needed