Technical Sales Engineer
Website TRIAD Engineering Corp.
Our successful and growing client is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer to support the sale of tailored real-time testing and simulation hardware solutions and related services to both new and existing customers. In this role you will understand the customer’s engineering language, absorb highly technical material and concepts, and clearly communicate verbally and in writing the hardware solutions you propose with our client’s products.
You will manage the entire sales process; prospect qualification, proof of concept delivery, and value justification, all in very close collaboration with our client’s technical teams.
Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations to electrical and systems engineers, mostly through online meetings, sometimes also on-site or at events. Occasionally international travel required.
• Develop technical solution proposals for target machine designs for specific controls, DSP, and vision prototyping, and Hardware-in-the-Loop applications.
• Leverage technical knowledge and experience, and collaborate with the technical teams to determine best course of action related to winning specific sales opportunities.
• Work closely with the development and marketing organizations to further improve products, to identify new product and application areas based on customer interactions, and to develop accurate and compelling messaging targeting the marketplace.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering or a related field of study.
• Familiar with MATLAB & Simulink, Model-Based Design, and ideally Simulink Coder, Simulink Real-Time and HDL Coder.
• Ideally working knowledge with C and ideally VHDL programming languages.
• Knowledge of communication protocols is a plus (e.g. CAN, UDP, EtherCAT, Profibus, ARINC, RS232/RS422/RS485, SPI, I2C, ..)
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Minimum work experience of 2 years is preferred