Our growing client is seeking a senior mechanical engineer to design ASME code stamped pressure vessels and rotating industrial machinery for a variety of industries. In this role you will support on-site manufacturing, chemical engineering, and operations professionals in a dynamic work environment. Requires a strong foundation in engineering fundamentals including machine design, engineering analysis, and excellent communication skills. Experience working with industry codes or regulations with transferable experience is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and calculations of ASME code stamped pressure vessels.
- Design, calculations, and analyses of industrial rotating equipment.
- Project documentation including but not limited to: Code calculations and design reports; Fabrication and machining drawings; Customer drawings; Equipment and piping layouts; General arrangement and assembly drawings; Installation, operation and maintenance manuals
- Develop conceptual designs for prototypes.
- Design of fixtures and tooling for large-scale manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate with cross functional stakeholders as-required.
- Mentor and oversee junior level engineering staff and mechanical designers.
- BSME degree with 7+ years of experience, or MSME with 5+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the following technical areas: Machine design and design of dynamic or rotating equipment; In-depth design experience with ASME B31.3 piping code or ASME Section VIII Division 1 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code; Pressure and thermal stress analysis
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills including technical report writing and development of detailed specifications.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with the following software: SolidWorks, Excel, Power Point, ANSYS FEA, CodeWare Compress, Excel, Power Point and Mathcad.
- General familiarity with manufacturing processes such as metal fabrication, machining, welding, and assembly and be capable of interfacing with manufacturing personnel.
- Fluent knowledge of pressure vessel design, welding, material selection and fabrication practices per ASME Section VIII Div. 1 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- Working knowledge of ASME Section VIII Div. 2 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, particularly Part 5.
- Working knowledge of CFD analysis and tools.